Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thumping Around

So I had never really heard of Thumping using Stampin' Write markers until the other day. And that day it seems I saw it everywhere. First I saw it here on Gina K's new Stamp TV, and then I saw it here. I really loved the way Julie's tree from Thoughts and Prayers came out using this technique and thought I would give it a try. I LOVE it. I love the tree, the card could use some work. I was sick when I made it and the creativity was a little low after I got the tree panel done. But I like the tree so much I had to use it.

So go check out this technique at one of these super stamping places, get going and try it yourself. I'm going to be using it again and soon.

Super quick post tonight I am supposed to be reading a bedtime story. Just wanted you to know I haven't fallen from the face of the planet.

Have a great night.
Info:
Everything used was Stampin' Up except the white ribbon that was from PTI.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful Molly! Great image to use this technique with - gives it lots of dimension.

Julia Aston said...

What a great tree - love the thumping technique on this pretty card! I'm going to the Stamp New England weekend also - it will be nice to meet you!

stampingtink said...

How beautiful! I just heard about this thumping technique yesterday! You did such a lovely job with the tree and the leaves just jump off the page! Hope you're feeling better! I'm trying hard to kick the flu that's been driving me crazy and zapping me of my mojo.

Hugs to you,

Susan

Karen said...

Beautiful card Molly! I'd say you do great work when you are sick! I will have to dig out some of my tree stamps and look at them with fresh eyes....
Thanks for sharing!

zoesimm said...

pretty card! I'm inspired to do a card myself now..thanks for the mojo :-)