Friday, March 6, 2009

Rainy Day Sketch

Its raining out and all I can say is that I'm glad it isn't snow. Seriously, I'm really ready for spring. So for today I made a rainy card.
This card uses Amy R.'s Friday sketch for this week (see it here) and it also uses 2 of Amy's stamp sets - Boutique Sentiments and Amy's Boutique.

First of all this card goes way beyond my comfort zone, I have a very large fear of pattern paper. I just can't seem to make myself comfortable with it. Today I just went for it. This pattern paper is from the Citrus matstack by DCWV. The orange is Summer Sunrise from PTI.

Can you see the rain? I embossed a piece of transparency with the Forest Branches embossing folder at an angle. Then I added some "rain drops" of Star Dust Sickles to the back side. Instant rain drops! The umbrellas were added onto the rain layer with 3-D dots. I hacked a piece of vellum into a cloud (kind of) and stamped the sentiment onto it. "Friends are the umbrellas in the storms of life". The cloud could use a little more work, maybe another try later.

The little pierced border was made with a new EK Success punch I got at Mikes this past weekend. Love that thing. A little PTI Fresh Snow (I hate to even type the word) ribbon and that is my card for today.

Only 14 sleeps left till Stamp New England. Not that I'm counting or anything. Ok, so I'm counting every minute and I really want to start packing my bags. LOL!

Have a great day everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute Molly!! Glad for you that it is raining :) It's supposed to rain here Sunday. I love the embossed transparency...I never would have thought to do that!! will certainly have to give it a go.

Jennifer Holmes said...

This is very cute - love those umbrellas. I'll take some rain - right now we have snow! Very unusual for the Pacific NW. It can go now...really...I'm ready for Spring, too!

twinkletoe said...

Saw your comment over on Laurens blog. I pulled a muscle Wii bowling back in October and it still hurts. Can't lift my arm above my head. I have been to 3 physical therapists, one says, hat, one says ice, one says exercise - so please take care of it ASAP. I thought it would just go by itself.
On a brighter note - your blog is lovely and I will be back to visit.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Molly! I love the umbrellas and the rain!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Great card! Love the embossed transparency and the diagonal stripes on the paper add to the rain look.

Tracy said...

This is so cute! And what I wouldn't give for a nice rainy day..... (we're still below freezing in Minnesota. Blah!!!!)

TFS!!

AmyR said...

Aaaahhhhh! Wicked cool card! There are so many cool elements going on with it - well done Molly! I will totally have to borrow your idea of the "cloud" vellum with the sentiment! LOVE it! :)