Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sophie's Thank Yous

Got a quick one for you today. I am in the middle of trying to find my desk so that I can make some swap cards for Stamp NE (only 9 sleeps left, eeeeeekkkkk, I'm so excited) and I have a huge box of Stampin' UP stuff due to arrive any moment. And another one tomorrow. I have a few Sizzix dies coming today. I could not resist the Beautiful Butterflies or Top Note any longer. I've also got the Manhattan Flower Impressions Die coming, along with a bunch of coordinating stuff. Something about that line just drew me in.

Ok enough about the stuff I don't even have yet, on with what I actually have to show you.


I made a bunch of these cards for my Cousin as Thank Yous for gifts that she received for her beautiful little girl Sophie! What an adorable baby she is. I have some very cute photos of Tyler holding her, of course they are on my Brother's camera 3 hours away, duh!

I scored the PTI Dark Chocolate on my Scor-Pal to make the background. The flowers are from Simply Said. I inked the image with markers, stamped it and then colored in the flowers with a lighter pink. Added a little Spica glitter pen, of course that doesn't show up in the photo. Used the Tags Trio for the label and before I took the label out of the die I ran a white gel pen around the oval. Gave it a nice little detail I think. The "thank you" is from Short and Sweet. Some PTI Fresh Snow ribbon finished it off.

Hope you are having a great day. We are getting some very nasty snowy, rainy, icy stuff and it made the drive to town with the kids a little hairy this morning. I guess inland is getting it even worse. Do you think Mother Nature takes bribes? I really want some spring weather soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that scored BG Molly! beautiful cards - I'm sure your cousin loved them :) (or will love them ;) ) pink and brown are just YUM-O!! Have a great day!!

Connie said...

Molly, I am making swaps for Stamp NE - see you there - 9 sleeps, yeah! SHould be a lot of fun!! Love your scoring on the brown.

Unknown said...

Molly this is just beautiful!! The soft pink and chocolate - gorgeous!! and I love the little white detail around the nesties frame - perfect! :) See you soon!! :)

stampingtink said...

Just beautiful, Molly! What gorgeous flowers! I love pink and brown together. I'm going to put my swap cards together over the weekend. As long as they're not ATC's, I'm good! Can't wait for next weekend! It's going to be a blast!