Friday, October 24, 2008

New Amy R. Stamps

This is the first sneak peek I have for you using the newest stamps from Amy R Stamps. First let me just say that this set Build a Holiday is only limited by your imagination. You should go see what the design team did with this. Oh yea, while your are there, make sure you enter to win this set.

I wanted to keep this card as antique looking as possible. I love it! I used the circle images from the set to make some ornaments. I stamped the ornaments onto pattern paper and cut them out. Then I did the crackled glass technique on them. You can see how to do this here. Can I just tell you how much fun this was. I might have had a bit too much fun cracking them though because some of the cracks are a bit deep and well they almost fell apart.

For the hangers I glued a Hershey's Kiss wrapper (yes a candy wrapper) to a piece of card stock, to make them more sturdy and then stamped the hanger onto the wrapper. I cut them out and then stained them up a bit with a brown copic. A little bit of hemp cording finished off the ornaments.

I used an Ornare piercing template to make the swirls near each ornament. It needed something but I am quite sure that glitter and bling wouldn't have given me the antique feeling I was going for.

I tried to rough up my Peace image a bit by wiping some of the ink off prior to stamping, should have taken a bit more off. This Peace image is from another Amy R. set being released on Monday at All That Scraps. Just wait until you see these sets.

Don't forget to visit the ATS blog to see what the DT did and enter to win you very own Build a Holiday. I'll be back tomorrow with another peek.

2 comments:

krcrafts said...

How pretty! I love the muted colors...looks so peaceful(probably the idea of it, right? LOL). And that's a very clever idea using candy wrappers for the hangers. I'll have to try that myself.

Cynde said...

The card is great. Love the simplicity of it, and all the holes you punched tailing off the ornaments. Couldn't believe you used foil from candy wrappers, I have a use for all mine now! LOL
You've done a great job this month as guest designer!