Saturday, October 25, 2008

Build a Holiday Flower

Today I wanted to share the flower that I made using the soon to be released Build a Holiday set by Amy R. Stamps. It will be available at All That Scraps on Monday at 10:00 pm.

So if you have seen the DT samples with this set you already know that you can make just about anything with these images. Snowmen, reindeer, flowers... the sky is the limit. The first thing I set out to make when I received this set was a flower.

I started by stamping all 3 of the "petal" sizes onto a nice thick white card stock and colored them with copics. Water colors would be nice too. I cut out all of the shapes and arranged them starting with the largest petals at the bottom and ending with the smallest petals on the top. A few extra of the largest petals were colored green for leaves. A little white gel pen for detail, some small green beads for the flower center and voila, done.

I thought this flower would make a great package topper. I actually used a paper grocery bag to wrap my gift (I would love to wrap all of my gifts for Christmas this way) wrapped it with some red ribbon and added the flower. Every gift needs a tag so I used an image from Holiday Sentiments (also being released Monday) to make the tag.

As I was doing this I thought what a bummer that this flower might be tossed in the trash after the recipient opened the gift. So I attached everything using just a small amount of tape. That way all parts can be easily removed and the ribbon can be attached to the flower and used as an ornament for the tree next year. Another idea would be to add a pin back to the flower and it would make a great broach. Or a hair accessory, ok you get the idea it can really be used a bunch of ways.

Thanks for checking in today. I will be back tomorrow with another card made with Build a Holiday. Don't forget to check out the ATS blog to see what else the DT made and enter to win Holiday Sentiments from Amy R. Stamps.

1 comment:

krcrafts said...

this is SOOO pretty!! I think you've just sold that set to me :) Thanks for the inspiration!!