Saturday, December 6, 2008

The First Page

This is my first ever digital scrapbook page. This was a very difficult page for me to create. First, I had no idea what I was doing I just needed to make this page and used some stuff that was in my Photoshop program.

The other reason this was so hard for me is that this is a photo of my Mom, holding my son when he was about 3 months old. My mom died 3 years ago today.

I set a goal a few months ago to get just one page, of one photo completed before today. So here it is.


I tried to do some journaling but just couldn't find the words. Until this point I couldn't even sit down with photos to make an actual page. It was hard for me but I am so glad I finally did it. I need to gather some more photos (there aren't many, Mum never liked being in front of the camera) and make more pages. It will be good for me and I know that other family members will love to have copies. And someday I will be able to show the album to my son, so he can see his Grammy Elaine, who loved him more than anything in this world.


I miss you Mum.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

{{{HUGS}}} Molly - I'm sorry about your mom. I don't even want to THINK about losing my mom...I know I'm so lucky to still have her. This page is great, and I'm glad that you got yourself to make it. Your family will treasure these photos for sure.

more {{{HUGS}}}

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your mom and what a lovely page to remember her by.

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH huge hugs Molly. I can only imagine the pai. You page is gorgeous. You will always get to cherish it.

Unknown said...

Molly what a great page and a beautiful memory! I know your son will cherish this always!!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Oh, Molly, this is so nice. Your son will be so lucky to have this to treasure the rest of his life!

Karen said...

Molly, this layout is gorgeous! I think your efforts were well worth the time - your mom would be so proud! Happy Holidays!
Karen