Friday, December 5, 2008

Embracing the white space is hard!!!

This card does double duty! It uses the Mojo Monday sketch for this week AND it has a cow on it for the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge at PCP. First the Mojo Monday part... Julee said this sketch "embraces the white space" and challenged everyone to do the same. Yea, that was tough for me. I really wanted to put something, anything on there. That is where I get myself into trouble with card making. It is never good enough. I need to learn to just make a card then leave it alone.

The second part of this double duty card was the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Today was 8 Maids a Milking. Thus the cow. And I need to stay in the Christmas card mode so she is decked out with her Holiday hat and scarf and sporting a little holly too. The cow is super 3-D. The body is popped up and the head is popped up again on top of that. I really wanted to add some flock to the hat and white spots on the cow but the other 6 projects on my desk are screaming finish me (ok so a couple are screaming start me) for Christmas.

I used 3 different stamp sets from 3 different companies for this one. The cow and the Moo are from My Favorite Things - Punny Farm. The hat and scarf are from Papertrey Ink - Made of Snow. And the sentiment is from Christmas Card Verses by Amy R. Stamps.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's perfect!! The white is beautiful and the card is too!! :) Have fun visiting Santa - stay warm!! :)

Unknown said...

adorable! I love the sentiment especially - fabulous Molly!

Bev said...

Gorgeous card, the colours are fabulous
hugs Bev x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a funny little cow. Love that sparkly scarf. Thanks for playing! :)