Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wanted

Wanted!

A nice sturdy ark, big enough to hold members of my family, closest friends, pets and of course my stamping supplies!

Seriously though, what is going on with this rain? I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. to the most torrential rain I have witnessed in quite some time pouring down on our house. I was afraid our island would wash down river and we would end up being part of the harbor. I know about a month or so ago I was asking for rain but this is becoming a bit much.
Alright, I'm done complaining, it looks like next week is going to be beautiful weather. Just in time for the fairs! MMMM fried dough, french fries, sausage......

Sorry, got a little hungry there.

Ok onto the little project I have been working on. This is a set of cards I made for one of my dearest friends who has a birthday this month. (No peaking Amanda!)

I made 4 little cards using the Quilter's Sampler set from Papertrey Ink. All one layer cards, colored with copics and tied with a bit of Sweet Blush Satin Ribbon.

I made a quick box using my scor-pal to hold the cards and topped it with a sampler of the same blocks used on the cards. I added two magnets from Basic Grey to the back so the sampler quilt topper also can be used as an ornament later. Added some Dark Chocolate ribbon to hold the box closed and there you have it. Super easy but oh so cute.
Hope you are having a great week and that the weather is nice where ever you are.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HEY the SUN is out here - quick where's my camera?! :) I think it might be here for a few hours!! Your project is lovely Molly!! What a great great gift for your friend!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Molly! I love the colors and your quilt squares. Very pretty cards!