Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Euphoria defined....

Euphoria: n. A feeling of great happiness or well being.

Euphoria: A new line from Basic Grey

Euphoria: The new Card Kit from Scrapbooks and Beyond (my LSS).

Euphoria: The feeling I had when Kelley asked me to design samples for the above mentioned card kits.

I'm not even sure if euphoria is adequate to describe the feeling I had when Kelley asked me to design some samples for her brand new line of card kits. (You can get all of the details on the 3 types of kits being offered and all of the other excited stuff going on in the shop here.)

First of all I was so excited to get into this kit and start playing that I forgot to get a photo of it all together, but this what you get.

*A Doodle Flowers clear stamp set by Inkadinkado
*A 6x6 paper pad of Euphoria by Basic Grey (perfect size for card making)
*Matching Brads
*Matching Buttons
*Coordinating ribbon
*Self-adhering gemstones
*Matching Cardstock
*Die-cut shapes in coordinating colors.
*And envelopes in coordinating colors.
I think I got it all in there. Kelley will have a photo on her blog of the entire kit soon.

I have made 5 complete cards, not just card fronts, with this kit and I still have a ton of stuff left. I used only stuff from the kit, with the exception of adhesives, inks, embossing powders, and a white gel pen.

So, here are the cards.



Rose stamp colored with pencils and mineral spirits. Stickles and Inkssentials Opaque pen for some added details. The ribbon is tied around the card as a closure.


Every time I looked at this flower cluster stamp I saw butterflies. I stamped the "butterflies" onto the back of one of the pattern papers, colored with pencils and mineral spirits, added brads down the middle to create a butterfly body, stickled the wings and added some antenna.
*by bending the brads beyond flat and back up towards the wings, it adds to the 3-D effect and makes them very sturdy*



Flowers stamped with VersaMark onto pattern paper and heat embossed with white powder. The stems are one of the die-cuts you get in the kit, cut into 3 pieces.


Background was made by stamping a flower from the set with VersaMark ink and highlighting with the Inkssentials Pen... again. The large flower was stamped onto two different patterned papers and layered on top of each other.



Stamped the tulips and stems onto patterned paper and cut out. Mounted with 3-D dots and accented with the white pen.... yet again.
*This card was done with a Sketch by
Lauren Meader. She gives you a great sketch every Saturday. *


So there are my cards for this month's Euphoria Card Kit. I still have a few more in my head I just can not seem to get them out and to paper just yet. But I will.... If you have any questions about the cards or the kit just leave me a quick comment and I will get back to you ASAP! Be sure to leave your e-mail address too.


This fabulous kit is being sold at Scrapbooks and Beyond for $26.99. I know not everyone can get to Maine for a card kit, so give Kelley a call at the shop and she will be very happy to mail it to you. VERY soon you will be able to order via her blog (link is on my sidebar or above). Better hurry! The shop has sold out of these kits once already. The second batch is on the way to the shop now and is sure to go just as quick.


*Kelley has given me a little hint about what is to come with the next couple of card kits. I almost wiggled right out of my seat with excitement when I saw the paper. *
If you are still reading after all of this, Thanks for checking in and let us know what you think of this month's kit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly, you ROCK! The cards are absolutely gorgeous...I am so happy & grateful to have you play with our new kits. Thanks again
Kelley

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Molly, all of these cards are so adorable...what a great thing to get to play with all that cool stuff. Congrats!

Niki Estes said...

Yay, Molly!! That is so exciting! Congratulations and the cards are wonderful!

Lauren (mytime) said...

YEAH!! You go Molly! So happy for you. Each one is fabulous :D