Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Aloha!

I've got another Hanna Stamps Riley card for you today. This is Riley relaxing in his hammock. I found great paper at my LSS, Scrapbooks and Beyond and thought it would make a great surfer moose card. This paper from is from Teresa Collins Designs, a line called Boardwalk. One side had a very large orange hibiscus and the other side was broken into 4 sections of smaller scaled papers, perfect for card making, the orange hibiscus seen here on the top of the card, the waves on the bottom, a section of all surfboards and one of palm trees.


I cut out one of the little surf boards from the patterned paper and covered it with Ranger Glossy Accents. A moose as cool as Riley has to have a shiny board, right?

I cut an extra section of the waves and cut along the wave lines. I mounted this with 3D dots on top of the wave paper I had already put on the bottom of the card. This allowed me to place my Riley panel under the waves. Cool ha? Kind of looks like he has surfed to a deserted island.

Riley was stamped with Pallette Noir onto Papertrey Stampers Select and colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. The "Aloha" was stamped using Simple Alphabet from PTI.

I think I have now officially used all of the Riley's I have on cards. Now I can go get more. Hanna Stamps just came out with a bunch of new ones.

Got to go read a story to Tyler, he has been begging for 10 minutes now. I know these days won't last forever, so off I go.

1 comment:

Niki Estes said...

Love the colors, the patterned papers, and the waves! What a great card! I love it, Molly!