Thursday, February 7, 2008

One More Branch

This is what all of the trees look like outside tonight.... covered in snow.

We got around 7 inches of snow today. School was cancelled, but the sledding was great. Tyler had a friend over this morning and we went sledding in the driveway next door. A large truck had gone up the driveway and packed down 2 perfect sled paths. The driveway has a nice gentle hill for little kids, not too big but not so small that you don't go anywhere either. We are supposed to get a bit more snow tomorrow but maybe we can get a chance to go again.


Anyway, I had such fun making the 4 Seasons card below that I decided to give winter a card all it's own. I pulled out the Take a Bough set from PTI. I thought I needed the bigger branch for this card. Stamped the branch and leaves (?) and added the puff paint and glitter just like before but I also added some dots for snow this time. Mounted it on green card stock then used 3d mounting tape to adhere to the brown card base. The "thank you" charm was put on with glue dots.
I really need to get working on the Valentine's for my son's daycare class. Maybe tonight??? There is nothing on tv. I really miss Grey's Anatomy. :(

Info:
Stamps: PTI - Take a Bough
Paper: PTI Select, Bazzill
Ink:ColorBox
Extras: Puff paint, Martha glitter, ribbon, and charm from Making Memories

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the softness of it even when it looks cold!
Becky

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card!! A perfect card for all this snowy Maine weather we've been having!

Carolyn King said...

Very pretty..love the snow on the branch! Well done!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Another beauty. Love the metal embellishment. This is soft yet maculine. Love it