Monday, January 28, 2008

Lauren's Saturday Sketch

I made a card for Lauren's Saturday Sketch. (I know its Monday but Im kinda close.) I was really into this card before I had to take a break for supper. When I came back I had a helper..... It's kind of hard to concentrate when this is looking over your shoulder.


He pulled his big stool right up behind me saying "Mummy I watch you." "OOOOh I likey that one Mummy." "Dat one my favoritist one Mummy". I couldn't stop laughing long enough to do anything.
So my card was completely different when I started. But this is what I have ended up with.


I turned the sketch on it's side. My PTI branch just did not want to be standing up tonight. I used my nesties to punch the circle and the scallop border. I made the green scalloped edge for the background using nesties too. I got the idea here although I have seen it in other places too. The card looks a little better IRL, bad lighting tonight. The card is still lacking something. Maybe it will come to me later, when I have less of a peanut gallery :) Thanks for looking and thanks for a cool sketch Lauren.

specs:
Stamps: PaperTrey Ink - Out on a Limb & Mixed Messaes
Ppaer: PTI Stampers Select, Bazzil
Ink: Versa Magic - Tea Leaves
Ribbon: American Crafts
Other Stuff: Stickles, Tombow marker (branch), nesties.


1 comment:

Lauren (mytime) said...

tHIS IS AWESOME! I love how you flipped it.
Are you going to CKY in Manchester NH? We could totally meet up!