Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tornado watch... In Maine?!?!?!?

Talk about crazy weather. We have been under a tornado watch all afternoon. I live in Maine, this stuff does not happen in Maine. There was actually a lot of damage earlier this afternoon in New Hampshire from what looks like a tornado. No official confirmation of a twister yet but close enough as far as I am concerned. I don't know how you all do it down south and in the mid-west. Scary stuff!

But the crummy weather did allow me to make a card. Can't work on a patio when it could rain at any moment, right?

So here is what I did today. The set is Quilter's Sampler from Papertrey Ink. The paper is all from PTI except or the light brown layer, no idea where that came from. I used copics to color the quilt blocks. I only have a few copics but somehow I had perfect colors for this card.

I arranged my colored blocks into a fairly traditional log cabin pattern. I love the design that appears when you place the squares this way but the possibilities are really endless. Just like in real quilting. This set has many other really great quilt block in it along with some very nice quilting related sentiments. I used this one on the inside of my card....

Birthdays are like quilts, stitched together one year at a time.

I used a large scalloped square nestie to make the card base. This is the first time I have tried this but it was really simple. Just ran the folded card through the cuttlebug as if I was cutting a regular piece. Have to make sure you leave a bit above the fold out of the cutting path so that there will be a hinge to keep your card together. A very simple card but this set allows for a simple card to be nice. Yea, PTI for another great stamp set.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know crazy weather huh!! DH said someone in NH died from the storm - sad! Hope things are well there! I LOVE your log cabin quilt card - that's the block I'm drawn to too!! :)