Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A little Guided Birthday

A quick card done with my first real attempt to create with Guide Lines. For some reason I have been intimidated by this set. I think I've gotten over that now though.

I started by stamping two of the images from Papertrey Ink Guide Lines onto Lemon Tart paper. One image was stamped with Lemon Tart and the other with Berry Sorbet. I thought it was a bit bright for my taste and happened to throw a piece of vellum on top of it while looking for something else that is still buried on my desk. I kind of liked it so I kept going. The vellum is actually wrapped around to the back of the lemon tart where it is adhered. I used some eyelets in the corners just for looks. Mounted all of that onto a piece of Berry Sorbet and then onto a Lemon Tart base. Tied the terrible bow with Lemon Tart and added a "happy birthday" sentiment from Birthday Basics and embossed with white powder.

I like the way it resembles a package. I have to buy a gift to go with it tomorrow and I hope to make some matching wrapping paper.

That is it! Nothing too crazy but I had to do something to get back in the swing of things. The patio is finished as far as laying the pavers and getting the setting sand in. All the rest is cosmetic stuff that I can do gradually. I will try to get a quick picture when I get the surrounding area cleaned up a bit. Till next time.....

Info: Everything is Papertrey Ink except the eyelets, embossing powder and white ink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Molly! I love the vellum on top - so soft and pretty! :)