Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How about 2 for Tuesday!

While cruising the PTI forum last night, I happened to see this idea from Sarah. I thought it looked really cool and the first thing that came to mind was sky and grass. I used PTI Spring Moss for the grass, putting it on the block by just rubbing down the block. The sky is Sky Blue by Color Box. I put that on the block and twisted the pad to make a sky look. I turned the block ink side up and laid the Stampers Select paper on top of the ink. I used my fingers to rub the paper on the ink.


I liked the results so much, I made two cards. Both using Lovely as a Tree.


The first one uses Bazzill as a base and then has a layer from Basic Grey - archaic. I love this bygone plaid paper. In fact, I love it so much I bought more of it today at my LSS. The image is layered onto another piece from BG archaic, the brown (it is called Dirty), had to get more of that today too. :) The green is from Bazzill too I think. The sentiment is from PTI, Pond Life.


The second card uses all of the same paper lines, I don't know the name of the squiggly one, but it is also from BG archaic. This card follows a Mojo Monday Sketch. You can see more about it here. Instead of a scalloped edge on the right side I just cut along the zig-zag pattern that was already in the paper. I rather like it. This was actually the first attempt with the acrylic block technique and happens to also be the one I like best.

The ribbon is American Crafts and something else that came from my left-overs bin.

I used Palette, Burnt Umber for the trees and first sentiment and Color Box - Frost White for the second sentiment.

Well 2 Father's Day cards done and 3 to go. Thanks for checking in today. Later Gator!


1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous cards. I love the zigzag and the squares in the corner on your sketch card. Thanks for playing! :)