Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Super Duper, Easy Peasy, Dad's Day Card


How easy is this? Papertrey Ink Pond Life stamp set and a little leather cording. TaDa! OK maybe it is a little too simple but I really like it. I kept trying to add more but didn't want to muck it all up. I think the paper is awesome actually. It is The Paper Company, just off the racks there at Mike's. The texture is awesome. I was not sure how it would stamp, but turns out it was fine. I did use just a tiny bit of fun flock on the top of the cat-tail. What do you think? Too simply or just simple enough? Might make a nice sympathy card as well. HMMM!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I think it's terrific Molly!! Very elegant! :)

Precious Scraps by Beverly said...

i love the simplicity of this card, very beautiful.

Lauren (mytime) said...

I am always so attracted to these simplier cards! This is just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the honorable mention ... such a fabulous card that would work with lots of different sentiments ... wonderful!

Julia Aston said...

Love the simplicity and beauty of this card! congrats on getting honorable mention for it!! AND you won the whole month's set ------ how lucky is that???!! now you need to go buy a lottery ticket!!

Mary said...

I love the simplicity and elegance of your card. My favorite style.

Mary

Elaine said...

Very nice. Great idea using the fun flock on the cattails!